HEAT RESISTANT SYNTHETIC WIG CARE GUIDE
Follow this guide to care for your heat resistant synthetic wig
Maintaining your heat resistant synthetic wig is important if you want it to make your wig last!
Similar to human hair, after time the hair will need to be washed. Do not be scared to wash your synthetic wig. If you wear your wig every day, wash it every 2 weeks or even once a week if time permits. Click here for a video on some of my favorite products !
HOW TO WASH
1. De-tangle the hair, use a wide tooth comb or paddle brush.
Carefully brush through any tangles, do not pull or drag the fiber.
2. Fill a bowl/ sink with warm water & shampoo of your choice. Silicone shampoo is recommended. If the water is boiling hot and your wig has waves, they could diminish, so just be cautious.
3. Immerse your wig into the water, soak for 5 mins. Do not scrub it, if your wig is very dirty, wash and re-soak. (rinse off the shampoo)
4. Apply leave in or wash out conditioner onto the wig and gently comb the product into the hair. Leave the product in for 5 mins, then rinse off.
5. Pat off excess water with towel.
6. Hang the wig inside out on a hanger in the shower and allow to air dry.
Gently shake the wig to regain its texture, curl or wave.
You can use a blow-dryer but ensure the heat is very LOW/ cool setting.
ONE STEP FURTHER, CRUCIAL TIPS TO MAINTAIN YOUR SYNTHETIC WIG
- DO NOT sleep on your wig!
- Maintaining straight hair: If your wig is straight, comb the hair and dip the ends into boiling hot water mixed with fabric softener, the recommended ratio is 1:7 product to water. Next, air-dry the hair or blow-dry on low heat. This method works wonders (this method is better preferred than using a straightening iron).
- Maintaining wavy/curly hair: To revive curls/waves, apply bendy rollers or curling rods. You then submerge your wig into boiling water for 5 mins (in the same solution as mentioned in tip #2) . Straight after, run cold water over the wig. Proceed to then towel dry and remove the curling rods/bendy rollers. To further dry, the hair can be air-dried or blow-dried on low heat. This method also works wonders.
- To reduce any wig shine, use dry shampoo or lightly dust baby powder over the hair. This can be purchased at your local beauty supply store or online.